life notes and taking stock

June 15, 2017


When I was a child, I just couldn't wait to be an adult. I hated being a child, the adults always get to make the decisions and they impose it on children, what was that? Adults could go anywhere they wanted and do anything they liked, so cool. I wanted that, badly. Subsequently I got my wish. Adulthood has a way of being imposed on us and it does come with many lessons. So over the years, I have learnt some really interesting things;

1. You are responsible for Yourself!
I thought I learnt this when I entered boarding house. Hehehehe! Well you should see university. I got to learn that the number one person to take care of you, is you! I learnt that every choice you make has an effect. If you make a good choice, you'll see the effect, if you make a bad choice, it will come back to haunt you. Everyday of adulthood presents you with different choices and there's no mummy and daddy to make the tough decisions for you.

2. I learnt that there are no "Prince Charming"s
Lol! this was quite tough for me because I used to read a lot of romance novels so I had a very good picture of what I wanted "Prince Charming" to be like. A damsel gets in distress, a knight in shining armor will sweep in to save the day and they live happily ever after. Relationships I learnt, are based on real life people with character flaws and shortcomings, not the picture-perfect Disney Princes I thought. You are your own 'Knight in shining armor' and you've got your back.

3. Do Yourself!
I used to care a lot about what people say, well I'm getting over it. 'What will this person think?' 'will they think I'm uncool to do this?' 'will they still like me if I do this?' blablabla so many questions. The more I tried to please people, the more displeased they were. After a while. I realized that what matters is just my opinion and God's, I stopped caring about what others thought.  I realized that when you start doing what is perfect for you, you'll earn their respect. People are going to judge you no matter what you do, so you might as well do you!

4. Life is too short
After secondary school, I lost some classmates. young people that were so full of life. It hit me that life is too short not to do a lot of things while you can. Loosen up, live your life, do some things on your bucket list, laugh hard, love well, do the things that make you happy, have fun while you can because one day you won't have the chance to do it. Don't just exist, live!


5. Everybody's Destiny is different.
When I left Secondary School, I didn't get admission into the university immediately and that made me feel like crap. I had to understand that there are no partners in destiny and everybody's destiny is not the same. Hence, we can't move at the same pace. If you understand this, you'll not stress about so many things you are currently stressing over.

6. Have Common Sense!
When I was little, I was so obsessed with books and my grandmother will always tell me, "passing class 6 awughi passing sense" which means that the fact you've passed Class 6 (school) does not mean you have sense (i.e wisdom). She was just trying to say, education does not buy common sense and wisdom, so don'be an educated fool. I always keep that in mind, and it has always helped me.

7. Without God you are nothing!
Saved the best for the last!
It's not just enough to be born into a Christian home, I had to discover God for myself. Everyday of my life I'm grateful to my parents, they raised a queen and they raised her according to the laws of God. I thought it was just church, but growing up has taught me that God is everything. I've learnt to rely on him for everything and anything and He has never failed me.


Having all these lessons in mind, I'm really grateful for everything because every experience molded me into the woman I am today. I thank God everyday for my life, Happy birthday to me.

Remain Stylish
Love, Sharon.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am so glad to read this post.your post has encouraged us, inspired us over come the past and restart it, that is why I want to share an idea of earning income, I’m about to put some of them to use!! I tried all kinds of ways to make money online. I found the best place to encourage, This side hustle for working moms is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slotxoauto  สมัครเล่น เกมสล็อต จากค่ายที่กำลังเดินทางมาเเรงมาก ที่สุดในขณะนี้  ขอนำเสนอ เกมสล็อต นำเข้าจากต่างแดน เล่นง่าย ได้เงินเร็ว pgslot มั่นคง ปลอดภัย 100 %

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts