A Traveler's Tale (part 2)

September 19, 2016

The last time I wrote about my travels, I was in Freedom Falls Owerri. Well this time around "waka" (travel) took me to Gurara falls in Niger state. Maybe, I have a thing for waterfalls.
For the 2days salah trip I decided to go for a picnic with my church family (The Standpoint Church) and it was awesome!




Gurara falls is situated in Gurara local government area of Niger state, it is approximately 30 meters high and lies along the Gurara river on Suleja-Minna road. Honestly, I didn't know it existed till now. It is one of the neglected tourism spots in Nigeria, which is quite disappointing when you consider the beauty and serenity of the place.


When I saw the waterfall I was overwhelmed because of the size. I was freaking out until I saw other people taking pictures and playing close to the fall. I loosened up, but I didn't dare come too close! Seriously, I put a lot of "respek" on my life! Unfortunately I stayed for a few hours so I didn't get to interact much with the local people, but a few were there and they took us around to tour the place.






We explored the environment around us and climbed steep hills to get to the base of the waterfall. I enjoyed touring the place, from the hills to the big rocks,the wonderful rain forest, the water itself and the beauty of it all. Then came the relaxation, food and games. It was "madt" fun all the way!


If you love adventure like me and enjoy traveling and meeting people, I think it's time you visit Gurara falls.

Remain Stylish
Love, Sharon.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts