"The Talk" with the Doctopreneur, Dr. Dedun

December 03, 2016


The very first guest on "The Talk" this december is the beautiful internet sensation that inspired a lot of us. When her pictures broke out on social media, a lot of people were inspired and awed. I'll say that she is a very humble person and working with her on this interview, I learnt a lot. This is the talk with the amazing Dr. Dedun, enjoy!

Tell us about you

I'm Oluwo Adedunmola, from Ogun state Nigeria and a family of four, two brothers and my mum. I'm a christian, a medical doctor and entrepreneur (doctopreneur). I live in Hungary where I finished medical school, University of Debrecen. My hobbies are traveling, creating and learning, maybe I should include sleeping, ah..ah I enjoy sleeping.

I know everyone is very curious about this, how do you do it? How do you handle medicine, blogging, catering and makeup?

Med school was tough, draining and took it's toll on my hips and feet. From long hours of standing to sitting in a position to study but I was able to do it because I knew I had no choice. Failure was not even a consideration. When I know that getting school fees for a school year is not easy, I wouldn't subject my mum to extra years of stress at her old age, consequently, I took my tests and exams very seriously. On the flipside, because of the passion I had developed for business, I also had no option for failure. I was determined to win every challenge, and that determination alongside my faith in God pushed me through.

I came across your picture on Instagram and was I was inspired so I shared it on my facebook and some people objected and said it's selfish of you to do everything alone, what's your take on this? Do you really do it alone?

I explained this on my blog www.drdedun.com. If only people don't jump to conclusion and ask questions first, things will be better. I will quote myself
"most people that read my story probably think I'm running all four businesses at different "stores" everyday lol. It's not like that, everything is home based, I don't have a store hence no need for staff (so it's not like I don't want people to work for me) plus I don't have like 100s of things a day that will require input from others. Recently though, I hired two ladies to work with me on Hair by Dedun, so I'm expanding with small steps."

What are the challenges you face as a single Nigerian woman running different businesses?

As a single Nigerian woman? None. As a doctopreneur, joggling everything is quite challenging.

What do you do when you are not working?

Sleep, watch series or just lay on my bed and think think think.


Considering the nature of your work, do you have time for yourself, a relationship or people around you?

There's always time if you make time for something so yes! I do have people around me I dedicate time to whenever I can.

Who is your fashion icon (s)? 

Thinking... I'll go with Rita Dominic, she's bae.

On a lighter note, I've been itching to ask a chef this question; Nigerian jollof or Ghana Jollof?

Nigeriaaaaaannn Jollof! I literally shouted it! but seriously it can be either one depends on who's cooking it.

As a chef and a baker, do you believe that a woman belongs in the kitchen in light of President Buhari's recent statement about his wife?

A woman belongs anywhere she wants to be. When she's in her husband's house, she will be where her husband needs her to be and same goes for the husband, he will be where the wife needs him to be. 

Many people like me, are inspired by you, what is your message to them?

To never give up on their dreams. I was opportuned to listen to Mrs Folorunsho Alakija's speech at a conference and she reaffirmed my first statement. Always have the "can-do spirit" and stay positive even when everything around you is negative. Get rid of bad energy and push yourself forward even when the friction won't let you. Stay the best and stay blessed.

Thank you very much Dr. Dedun for sharing with us. She's on instagram @dedun05 and get her full story on her blog www.drdedun.com. Don't forget to drop your comments below.

Remain Stylish
Love, Sharon

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The interactivity of blogs enables writers to build genuine relationships with their audience, fostering loyalty and a sense of camaraderie. Digital Pro Hikes Parenting blogs serve as a support system for parents, offering parenting tips, child-rearing advice, and relatable anecdotes from fellow moms and dads.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts