The Retro-Urban Chic

November 30, 2016

Hello lovelies, hope you've been good?
Today, I want to talk about the retro-urban look. For me, the retro-urban look is basically a fusion of a retro look and an urban look. It is not just a mixture of the old and the new but essentially a blend of the old and new. The both styles have to blend together into one look.

Whilst choosing this outfit I had a lot to consider. I chose different colours just to make it more edgy, why play safe? High-waisted shorts trended in the 80's and 90's and well, a blazer and shirt is more urban. So I decided to throw them together and finish with boots.
Not forgeting the afro, it is all part of the ensemble. You know how afro and natural hair just came back in vogue from the past.

When it comes to urban style, you need to be bold, you need to express yourself, you need to be edgy, you need to take risks, there are no rules, anything goes. When it comes to urban style, I think Rihanna can do no wrong. Just make sure you find that balance and blend, especially if you're in Nigeria where you can be mobbed in the market if you go overboard.


Shout out to @seebace on Instagram of Bace Media for the photography. We went through hell to get this location which I had stuck in my head.

I have a very banging interview coming up soon, you'll totally love the guest.
Please I'd like to know your thoughts on this, do share in the comment box.

Remain Stylish
Love, Sharon.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It's really bold and edgy. Nice work dear www.adagirl.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 รับ 50 pg เป็นโปรโมชั่นพิเศษสำหรับค่าย PG SLOT โดยยิ่งไปกว่านั้น 10รับ50วอเลท แค่เพียงฝากเงิน 10 บาท รับเครดิตฟรีมากถึง 50 บาทเลยโดยทันที ฝาก10รับ50 รวมค่ายมาแรงที่สุด

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts